Friday, January 16, 2009

Their Hearts Are Naked


The Naked Hearts formed in New York City in January 2008. Their brand of pop combines the grungy, stripped down style of early 90's bands such as The Breeders and Madder Rose with the structured elegance of bands like Blonde Redhead and Autolux.

Songwriters Amy Cooper (San Francisco) and Noah Wheeler (St. Louis) met in NYC while both playing the same night at the same club. Soon after Noah joined Amy on the road promoting her second solo release. While on the road, they began writing songs together and they recorded the first few songs onto a 4-track.

In July 2008 they recorded These Knees, their debut EP, with producer/engineer Dan Long (Film School, The Jealous Girlfriends). The recording is set be released on 12-inch vinyl and as a digital download in January, 2009.

It took me a while to figure it out, but the so remind me old Madder Rose it jogged my memory and made me want to listen to them again. In any case, it's pretty good stuff that has that sort of 90's sheen to it.

Download: Cat and Mouse
Download: Call Me

2 comments:

Abby said...

hey man, no problem. thanks for keeping me updated on the music scene while I'm away from the States!

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean, a very 90's sheen. I love the big drum sounds. I should check out more!

Rich
HyperDIY
rich@hyperdiymedia.com