Monday, January 26, 2009

Ruby Isle Are At It Again...


The crazy kids that are Ruby Isle have been going nuts lately covering songs by other artists. They've been taking cues from everyone and everywhere over the last three weeks and have given songs that you would never think of electronically a stroke of electronics to make dreadful things sound better.

It's fun to hear what they've come up with, especially since they're a fantastic band to begin with. They've done three covers thus far and I have to say that they're all really really good. Even the Bon Iver cover.

Anyway, check out the covers below and check out the older Ruby Isle post I did as well. Synthpop shtick awaits you.

Download: Ruby Isle vs. Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
Download: Ruby Isle vs. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Download: Ruby Isle vs. The Decemberists - The Rake's Song

Original Ruby Isle post: HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I listen to it, I'm going to say that I LOVE that Fleet Foxes song, so if these cats butcher it, I'm coming for you!

Paul POP! said...

That cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you were amused. Lucky for you, you have posted some pretty awesome stuff on here, but this is not included in my humble opinion. My attachment to Fleet Foxes and Decemberists is too deep to allow my ear canals to process this fairly.

That being said, I love what you do! I guess it is pretty cool that they would attempt something of this nature on these songs though.

Keep up the good work Mr. POP!