Monday, July 16, 2012

Slam Donahue Pull A Quick One


When you name your band Slam Donahue I think you can expect listeners to view you a certain way. It's all in the name...it's kind of violent and my mind went straight to some cage match wrestling imagery. But as the say goes, "You can't judge a book by it's cover." And that's especially true with this bunch.

Slam Donahue is anything but violent. In fact, these guys are so sunshiny, frivolous, and jolly that they're probably Disney employees. Anyway, they've just released their rather sinister EP Hemlock Tea. Once again, a red herring as judging by the first tune, "I Turn On," it's not really to sinister at all. This is all jumpy rhythms, strummy guitars, folky rock vocals, and a sense of this being a feel good hit of the summer.

Hear for yourself...just don't drink the tea. I mean they sound happy...it doesn't mean they are happy

Download: I Turn On

No comments: