Saturday, September 26, 2009

CJ Milli Ain't About That Vanilli


As I mentioned on Friday, I've unearthed a treasure trove of tunes recently. It was all stuff that was supposed to be posted, but for one reason or another never got put up on the blog. Well here's the latest post from that trove...CJ Milli.

When asked to talk a little about herself, DJ CJ Milli jokingly said, "I don't have an official bio or anything but I live in Richmond, Virginia (ugh) and I DJ, which is why I started making so many 'mash-ups.' "

I guess living in Richmond will do that to a girl...it's pretty similar to living here in Jacksonville and maybe that's why our two fair cities have a bit of an exchange program going on. I know many a soul who has moved to Richmond and a few people that have retreated south.

Anyway, location aside, CJ takes what she loves (90's tunes) and makes them her very own with a style that's funky, flashy, metallic and damn good. The girl knows her way around a beat whether it be electro, hip hop or whatever and she has no problem re-constructing classics into something new and different without losing the soul of the original. She's definitely a DJ to keep an eye on and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she finds her way to Florida.

Until then check her tunes out...

Download: Drug Dealer Girl (CJ Milli's Don't Feed The Dealer Mix) (via Mediafire)
Download: H.A.L. Naw (via Mediafire)
Download: Let The Bodies Hit The Dancefloor(via Mediafire)
Download: The Peoples Homecoming(via Mediafire)
Download: June 09 Set (via Soundcloud)

No comments: