Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Zion I Takes Over


The email clean out continues...I keep finding all these hidden gems that I apparently never posted. Up next is Zion I.

Zion I have recently released their album The Takeover and needless to say it's probably pretty important that you find it and add it to your collection. I've done a few posts from one of it's members, AMPLive, in the past and his Radiohead Remixes were a big hit. When Amp teams up with MC Zumbi they become conscious musicians Zion I.


In the Great Email Clean Out of 2009 I've unearthed a few tracks from last year that you might dig. First there’s the “Gotsta Chill (Temperature Remix)” featuring Zumbi, which radically re-envisions the Zion I gem “Temperature.” Second, there’s the Santogold “Starstruck”-sampling remix of another Zion I standout “One” which features Zumbi and Grouch. Both tracks are below for download.


No comments: